The Business & Professional Association of the Oranges (BPAO) is the successor NJ non-profit corporation to the Central Avenue Business Improvement District (CABID), which was terminated by the City of East Orange in May, 2018, after 16 years of operation.
The BPAO is a tax-exempt 501c6 corporation (pending IRS approval) and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and professionally staffed by FirsTEAManagement.
A sister organization, Greater Plainfield Business & Professional Association (GPBPA), will collaborate with the BPAO to extend networking and other membership benefits beyond the Oranges.
The BPAO membership is open to businesses and professional firms in the area of the Oranges in Essex County. All former CABID members receive free membership during the first year (through June, 2019). Since the CABID was terminated, commercial property owners should not be assessed nor pay any CABID tax to the City of East Orange in 2018.
The first quarterly membership event of the BPAO will be a "Favorite BPAO Business Awards" holiday reception, funded in part with a grant from the Investors Foundation. More details will follow on this website.
Other BPAO membership benefits include:
1) quarterly networking events with colleagues
2) social media presence for all members on Facebook and Instagram platforms
3) group dental and vision insurance plan (and health insurance to follow in April, 2019)
4) low cost credit card terminal processing program with BankCard Systems
5) BPAO Gift Certificate program to increase sales at member businesses
6) monthly membership e-newsletter featuring local political and business news and issues
7) community resource directory for the Oranges (1st Quarter, 2019)
For membership information, email info@NJBizPro.org, or call (973) 676-8725.